The new GLE Coupé from Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG blends the sportiness and elegance of a coupé with the engineering of the new large premium-SUV model series from Mercedes-Benz. At the launch, powerful six-cylinder diesel engines in the form of the 350 d and 400 d (combined fuel consumption 8.0-7.5 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions 212-197 g/km) are initially available. Together with the new 4MATIC with torque on demand and the wheelbase 60 mm shorter than on the GLE SUV they ensure a pleasurably dynamic driving experience. The petrol version available at market launch is the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé (combined fuel consumption 9.3 l/100 km, combined CO2 emissions 212 g/km)1. Preparations are under way for a plug-in-hybrid version with a practical, locally emission-free range as for the GLE SUV.
The new GLE Coupés from Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG are being presented to the public for the first time at the International Motor Show in Frankfurt (12.-22.09.2019). They will arrive at the dealerships in spring 2020. Product highlights can be found on the next page, further information on the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé follow from page 7.
The highlights of the Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupé
- The exterior design places a stronger emphasis on the coupé-specific elegance and sportiness.
- Improved aerodynamics cut the wind resistance by nine percent compared with the predecessor, with the same front surface.
- The chassis with the optional AIRMATIC air suspension and the E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL active suspension running on 48 V meets the most discerning requirements regarding vehicle dynamics and comfort on and off the road. It is specially tuned for vehicle dynamics, through to a more direct steering ratio than on the other cars in this model series.
- The interior with contemporary luxury of a sporty nature offers a more comfortable amount of space than the predecessor.
- The latest generation of the MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system is on board, with its intuitive operating structure and brilliant graphics with a high visual quality.
- The new six-cylinder in-line diesels from Mercedes-Benz offer power and motoring comfort.
The highlights of the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé
- The AMG six-cylinder in-line engine with twin turbocharging and EQ-Boost achieves 320 kW (435 hp) and an additional temporary 16 kW (22 hp) of electric output. It also offers hybrid functions such as overrun mode.
- The AMG-specific radiator trim with 15 vertical fins ensures an autonomous appearance.
- AMG RIDE CONTROL+ air suspension with AMG ACTIVE RIDE CONTROL electro-mechanical roll stabilisation and continuously variable adjustable damping.
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT with seven drive programs: Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual, Trail and Sand.
- The power transmission and suspension of the Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupé are developments specially configured to the hallmark AMG performance and vehicle dynamics from Affalterbach.