Jennifer Lopez has assured her fans she will perform at the World Cup.
FIFA announced on Monday (09.06.14) that the ‘On The Floor’ hitmaker would no longer be taking to the stage to sing the official song, ‘We Are One,’ with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte at the soccer tournament’s opening ceremony in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Thursday (12.06.14), but she has since had a change of heart because she doesn’t want to disappoint people.
A spokesperson for the 44-year-old singer told PEOPLE.com today (10.06.14): “Jennifer has always wanted to participate in the World Cup opening ceremonies. We have been trying to work out scheduling and logistics. Any statements to the contrary were premature. Jennifer would not want to disappoint her fans or fans of football. She will be there.”
FIFA previously said Jennifer, who recently split from her long-term boyfriend Casper Smart, wouldn’t be performing because of unspecified “production issues.”
Last week, Jennifer said she was “thrilled” at the prospect of performing at the opening ceremony.
She said: “This is an amazing celebration of global unity, competition and sport.”